Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Children Of The Dust commences

Before I go into talking about Children Of The Dust, I want to quickly recap on the audition I talked about a few posts ago. I was contacted to come back in for callbacks, which lasted about 2.5-3 hours where we rotated between the other actors and took pictures to see whom looked more matched and what not. Now all that's left is to find out whether I got it or not. It'd be rrrrreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy amazing to have gotten this role, but if not, I'd be okay with it because some of the other talent there was really qualified. Good for Arizona :)

OKAY! Now onto C.O.T.D. First of all: I love the cast and crew. They are just super down to earth chill people. Always a great recipe for a fun time. Secondly, I totally love how demented the script is. It highlights characteristics between Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Gregg Araki and since Chris Wilembrecht, the director, loves John Waters, there's a splash of him in it too. However, the script is entirely from the mind of Chris, morphed from years of being a cinephile.

We began filming on the fresh Friday morning where we, Carrie Fee Rapp and myself, had hours of make up done. We were demons in the starting scenes and David Weideman, aka Mad Scientist, had made demon masks with a fleshy molded substance. He's insanely talented with his department and I'm SOOO stoked to have been able to work with him on this project. He made us look legit. I was afraid to even look at myself! We had blood oozing from us, demonic eyes, teeth...the whole shebang!

William Hightower who plays Vincent was a real trooper too. He went through hell and back with his character, literally, haha. It was a strong vibe as we filmed all day through to the night, but was rudely halted when it began raining outside. So a few of our scenes had to get postponed.

The next day was epic. More blood, more gore and Carrie even did her own stunts. Take that Hollywood! Then on Sunday, that's when things got cccrrraazzzyyyyy. No more demon make up, however, I got to drive a badass manual muscle car....and I looked gggggoooooodddddd. In fact, it inspired me to save money to eventually purchase one, haha. Then we drove to the desert, where we were all pyromaniacs. I can't go into detail because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but it's going to look AMAZING. Carrie and I did get a work out and poor Will acquired A LOT of bruises. Luckily he can handle it ;)

Here are some pics from this weekend.


Carrie getting her face did. David the Mad Scientist and Desirae Sawyer, who also did makeup


My turn




Rrraawwwrrrrr


My version of a micro-dermal peel


Vincent's morning blunder


It was an accident...I swear


Desert maniacs

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Thank you for being a part of the chaos!

    ReplyDelete